Monday, August 29, 2005

Production Journal 3: The End

As many of you reading this know or may have guessed from the title I have put an end to finishing my movie with actors. There are quite a few reasons for this which do not all involve me bitching about Leslie, who in all actuality was a cool chick who was extremely nice and friendly except for the fact that we butted heads a bit when it came to scheduling. So on to the other reasons:

1)It has taken just under two months to film 2/3 of this movie. There were constant delays due to my dedication to working around peoples jobs and social lives because I was trying to be a nice guy and also because I wasn't paying anybody so I couldn't make them be there whenever I wanted. This led to a lot of phone tag, rescheduling with my locations, backing out of locations at the last minute, and having to change locations. I started this movie because I thought it would be a fun project for the summer (and if possible to make a little cash either through grants or doing a screening). It has become more and more of a hassle then anything else at this point thus I'm giving it the axe.

2)I have secretly become stoked to follow through with the hand puppets idea because it will be fun to do and that is what doing this project was all about.

3)There isn't really a third reason. The film was becoming a source of unnecessary stress so I canned the part of it that was making me stressed.

This experience has not made me jaded about filmmaking though. I eagerly await the next film I get to make and the chance to edit this one together and maybe even get it into a festival (stranger things have happened then a half-live action/half-puppet show film being accepted).

I will keep you updated on the process of puppet making and voice-overs as these things progress.

No comments: