Sunday, August 28, 2005

Clap Your Handpuppets Say Yeah!

So it appears that tomorrow I will likely be making the healthy and informed decision to end principle photography on The Off-Season, at least in the traditional "movies filmed with actors" sense. Despite the various set-backs everyone I worked with was pretty great with the exception of the actor who tried to direct the scene he was in for me and more recently my lead actress. She was from the start unwilling to make any sacrifices to film this movie, whereas all the others took time off from work, rescheduled plans, and went without sleep for rediculous amounts of time to help me out. These things taken into consideration are my excuse for bad mouthing her semi-anonimously via the internet. If she cannot commit to the filming schedule that I have created by tomorrow then alas filming will not continue.

However, I do have plans for finishing this movie with hand puppets. At least one of the leads has agreed to do voice work should I be forced to go through with this plan. I have not yet decided whether I will do entirely cardboard sets or if I will film some of the scenes in the more readily available locations (ie the ones where I don't actually have to film inside someone's business). My sister will likely be the voice of the lead actresses character, as she wants to be involved in my first film, and I will pick up the slack wherever needed.

So The Off-Season will live on in some incarnation or another. Who knows, I might even try and get it into some festivals. After all, as Cam put it, people love hand puppets and irreverance.

In semi-related news the name of my next short film (which I am currently writing) may or may not be How I Learned to Yell Cunt in a Crowded Pub. It does seem a bit long of a title but it gets the message across quite well I feel.

1 comment:

Devin said...

I demand credit for the hand puppets! It was my godly idea!